Supernatural - Angels and Demons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for fans dedicated to the CW show, Supernatural.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kemchua
Prey

Question  How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?   Empty
PostSubject: Question How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?     Question  How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?   I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:36 am

General question: How do you gauge the effect adding more ads to your site has on visitor experience, loyalty, stickiness, etc?

I really struggle with this question and would love some help, discussion, or pointers to experts that can help me answer this question.

Let's say you run Google AdSense to monetize your site and Analytics to track what peeps are doing. You want them to click the ads to make money, but you also don't want them bouncing off your site and not coming back... since AdSense opens in the same window, who's to say the visitors will navigate back to your site?

The real question: How do you determine and find the perfect balance between monetizing your traffic and creating something that will be sticky?

From what I understand, you can't really use changes in bounce rates, time on site, etc. The problem: the more people click and the sooner they click, the higher your bounce rates and the lower your time on site / pages per visit would be. So, do you exchange these bad things for better monetization? If so, how do you find when the balance is so you aren't shooting yourself in the foot for longer term growth?

Hopefully that makes sense and hopefully there are some monetization, Google Analytics, and visitor experience experts out there that can help me out.

Thanks!

law malpractice insurance
Local DID and PRI
Back to top Go down
heroisthai
Prey

Question  How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?     Question  How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?   I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:32 am

Let's say you run Google AdSense to monetize your site and Analytics to track what peeps are doing. You want them to click the ads to make money, but you also don't want them bouncing off your site and not coming back... since AdSense opens in the same window, who's to say the visitors will navigate back to your site?

magicman
Prey

PostSubject: Re: Question How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?     Question  How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?   I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 am

From what I understand, you can't really use changes in bounce rates, time on site, etc. The problem: the more people click and the sooner they click, the higher your bounce rates and the lower your time on site / pages per visit would be. So, do you exchange these bad things for better monetization? If so, how do you find when the balance is so you aren't shooting yourself in the foot for longer term growth?

heroisthai
Prey

PostSubject: Re: Question How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?     Question  How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:57 pm

dark circles under eyes treatment
Cheapest Flights To
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?     Question  How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question How To Measure Pros / Cons Of People Sticking vs. Clicking Ads?
Page 1 of 1